Adaptive & Inclusive Fitness Trainer
The Adaptive & Inclusive Fitness Trainer Certificate Course is an interactive single-day course designed to teach coaches, medical professionals, and athletes how to make fitness training accessible to impaired athletes. Participants will learn how to train athletes with a wide range of impairments, from non-permanent (trauma, injury, or illness) to permanent (congenital disorders, combat trauma, automobile accidents, etc.).
Graduates will earn their Adaptive & Inclusive Trainer Certificate and seven (7) professional continuing education units (CEUs) as well as receive a course training guide, additional education resources, and access to our exclusive ongoing mentorship groups.
ATA Certificate Course: Seminar Outline
- Adaptive Definitions and Language
- Workout #1: Completed With a Simulated Impairment
- Workout Debrief: Lessons Learned
- Principles of Adaptive Training & Methodology
- Common Adaptive Equipment
- Training Considerations and Movement Adaptations for Upper Extremity Impairments, Lower Extremity Impairments, & Seated Athletes
- Upper and Lower Extremity Movement Breakout
- Seated Athlete Movement Breakout
- Safety & Risk Mitigation, Athlete Onboarding and Program Implementation
- Workout #2: Seated Snatch Technique
Are there any prerequisites for the course?
- None! There are no prerequisites for the course. Anyone is welcome to attend. You do not need to have any experience working with adaptive athletes or have a prerequisite certification in fitness.
What do I get with the course?
- Adaptive & Inclusive Training Guide
- Seminar Workbook
- Post-Seminar mentorship
- Trainer Certificate & 7 CEUs
Is this course for trainers, athletes, or medical professionals?
- The course is designed to educate everyone! We teach from a perspective of the trainer so that fitness coaches and medical professionals (therapists & practitioners) can learn the methods, techniques, and risk mitigation tactics to best serve the disabled population. We encourage adaptive athletes to attend since the education will empower you to be a self-advocate and better help your coaching team with your own training.
What is the cost of the course?
- The course includes a robust training guide, access to movement video libraries, post-course mentorship and more!
- $479 USD
- Discounts available for adaptive athletes, first responders, and military (active duty and veterans). Request a code by emailing [email protected]
- Group / Staff discounts available for four (4) or more registrations from the same organization. Register four (4) attendees and receive a 5th for FREE! Message us prior to registration [email protected]